What do you do with a barn filled with unusable or no longer fitting tack? Here are some of your options.
1. Cash For Clunkers at Dover Saddlery only avialable for a limited time, September 1 - 15, 2009
2. Dover Saddlery and Horseware Ireland are offering customers the opportunity to upgrade their old Rambo® turnouts for new blankets, while also helping local equine charities.
3. Read this article "on how to find bargains and deals, how to care for your equine belongings to get your money’s worth out of them, and how to recycle, resell, and make things yourself."
4. Visit Bits and Bridles Equestrian Equipment Forum and read up on Non-profit organizations where you can donate your tack and receive possible tax write-offs.
5. Discover the magic of Craigslist. If you don't want it there's a chance someone out there will. Maybe they don't want your old stirrup leathers for a saddle but for an art project. It never hurts to post.